50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A
starting at As low as $949
- Standard lens that delivers top performance
- Angle of view similar to human vision
- High resolution plus outstanding bokeh
- Minimized optical aberrations
- Exceptional peripheral brightness
- Minimized distortion all the way to the edges
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) for silent, fast autofocus
- Minimum focusing distance of just 40cm / 15.7 in.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm
2014 Hot One Awards: 50mm F1.4 Art
2014 PC Mag: 50mm F1.4 | Art
2014 Pop Award: 50mm F1.4 Art
2014 American Photo: 50mm F1.4 Art
2014 Imaging Resource: 50mm Art
2014 DPReview: 50mm F1.4
2014-2015 EISA: 50mm F1.4
Related Blog Posts
Geometrical MTF Chart
10 lines per millimeter measure the lens's contrast ability (red lines). Repeating fine parallel lines spaced at 30 lines per millimeter measure the lens's sharpness ability (green lines) when the aperture is wide open.
Diffraction MTF Chart
Diffraction MTF takes diffracted light at every aperture into account which is very close to actual image data. Geometrical MTF does not consider the diffraction quality of light, yet it tends to show higher values than actual image.
The red line illustrates how the lattice pattern will appear in the actual picture when any lens distortion is taken into account.
The image will be seen as expanded (barrel distortion) in negative values or will be seen as a recessed (pincushion distortion) in positive distortion values.
The horizontal axis shows the image height and the vertical axis shows the brightness of the image
CUSTOMER REVIEWSWrite a Review
Write Your Own Review