50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A
- Standard lens that delivers top performance
- Angle of view similar to human vision
- High resolution plus outstanding bokeh
- Minimized optical aberrations
- Exceptional peripheral brightness
- Minimized distortion all the way to the edges
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) for silent, fast autofocus
- Minimum focusing distance of just 40cm / 15.7 in.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm
2014 Hot One Awards: 50mm F1.4 Art
2014 PC Mag: 50mm F1.4 | Art
2014 Pop Award: 50mm F1.4 Art
2014 American Photo: 50mm F1.4 Art
2014 Imaging Resource: 50mm Art
2014 DPReview: 50mm F1.4
2014-2015 EISA: 50mm F1.4
Related Blog Posts
- Lens Construction
- 13 elements in 8 groups ?Lens Construction
- Angle of View
- Number of Diaphragm Blades
- 9 (rounded)
- Maximum Aperture
- Minimum Aperture
- Minimum Focusing Distance
- 40cm / 15.7 in.
- Filter Size
- Maximum Magnification
- Weight (DSLR Version)
- 815g / 28.7 oz.
- Weight (Mirrorless Version)
- L-Mount: 905g / 31.9 oz.
Sony E: 880g / 31 oz.
- Dimensions (DSLR Version)
- 85.4 x 99.9mm / 3.4 x 3.9 in.
- Dimensions (Mirrorless Version)
- L-Mount: 85.4 x 123.9mm / 3.3 x 4.8 in.
Sony E: 85.4 x 125.9mm / 3.4 x 5.0 in.
Learn more about the latest firmware.View Firmware
Check compatibility of lenses with your camera make and model.View Chart