14mm F1.8 DG HSM | A
starting at As low as $1,599
- High-speed ultra-wide-angle lens
- Minimized chromatic aberrations
- Minimized distortion
- Outstanding image quality from center to edges
- HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) delivers high AF speed
- Full-time manual focus
- Minimum focus distance of just 27cm / 10.6 in.
- Exclusive low-dispersion glass
- Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm
Prime lens of the Year 2017
2017 Lucie Technical Award Best Special Purpose Lens, 14mm F1.8 Art
2017 Lucie Technical Award Best Special Purpose lens 14mm F1.8 Art
Related Blog Posts
Geometrical MTF Chart
10 lines per millimeter measure the lens's contrast ability (red lines). Repeating fine parallel lines spaced at 30 lines per millimeter measure the lens's sharpness ability (green lines) when the aperture is wide open.
Diffraction MTF Chart
Diffraction MTF takes diffracted light at every aperture into account which is very close to actual image data. Geometrical MTF does not consider the diffraction quality of light, yet it tends to show higher values than actual image.
The red line illustrates how the lattice pattern will appear in the actual picture when any lens distortion is taken into account.
The image will be seen as expanded (barrel distortion) in negative values or will be seen as a recessed (pincushion distortion) in positive distortion values.
The horizontal axis shows the image height and the vertical axis shows the brightness of the image
CUSTOMER REVIEWSWrite a Review
Write Your Own Review