The SIGMA Corporation is pleased to release the SIGMA CINE LENS 28mm T1.5 FF.
28mm T1.5 FF
Delivery: March, 2019
Lens support foot and lens cap included
Mounts: PL, EF and E-mount.
Sigma Corporation of America, a leading still photo and cinema lens, camera, flash and accessory manufacturer, today announced one of its newest additions to the cine prime lens lineup, Sigma 28mm T1.5 FF, will be available in mid-March 2019 for $3,499.00 for the regular version and $4,499.00 for the fully luminous (FL) version.
Sigma Cine 28mm T1.5 FF is a fast and sharp T1.5 cine lens compatible with full-frame camera sensors and optimized for ultra-high-resolution 6K-8K productions. Featuring a 180-degree focus rotation, this lens is available in EF, E and PL mounts with lens support foot and cap included.
One of the key focal lengths to achieve a true cinematic look, the wide-angle perspective of a 28mm lens has long become an industry standard in shooting motion pictures. DPs and filmmakers of all genres will now have the opportunity to add this gem to their Sigma Cine lens collection to enable their creative vision and enhance their workflow.
In addition, Sigma is now offering a five-piece case that can hold the 14mm, 28mm, 40mm, 105mm and 135mm cine lenses to safely transport your gear. The new case is also available for purchase in mid-March for $750.00.
Prominent Characteristics of Sigma Cine Lenses
- Individual inspection of every single lens with A1 proprietary Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) measuring system using 46-megapixel Foveon direct image sensors. Even previously undetectable high-frequency details are now within the scope of their quality control inspections.
- Computer-based ray tracing has been used from the design stage onward to minimize flare and ghosting and enhance contrast in backlit conditions. Ghosting has also been checked at every prototype stage, with its causes identified, assessed and eliminated.
- Color balance standardized across the line to make color correction a breeze.
- Dust-proof and splash-proof construction, with each ring and mount sealed to prevent water and dust from entering.
- The body is made 100% of metal to stand up to tough professional use over the long term.
- Luminous paint for enhanced visibility
- Laser engraving for enhanced durability
Mount Conversion Service allows users to convert their lenses to and from EF and E-mounts (charges apply). If the camera system changes, it is possible to simply convert the mount system to continue using the high-performance Sigma lenses.