High-performance, full-frame sensor compatible zoom lens begins shipping in June 2017 for a retail price of $4999.00 USD
Ronkonkoma, NY – June 8, 2017 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading DSLR lens, camera, flash and accessory manufacturer, announced today that its 24-35mm T2.2 FF Zoom Cine lens will begin shipping in June 2017 for a retail price of $4999.00 USD. Compatible with full-frame image sensors, the high-performance 24-35mm T2.2 FF offers the resolving power and optical quality required for capturing video up to 8K. A rare option for cinematographers, the 24-35mm T2.2 FF caters to the requirements of the latest digital cinema cameras' image sensors, which are larger than Super 35, expanding the range of compatible cameras.
The Sigma 24-35mm T2.2 FF Zoom supports E and EF camera system mounts.
Sigma 24-35mm T2.2 Cine FF Zoom Lens Features and Benefits:
- Superior optical performance
- Optimal image quality for the latest full-frame sensor technology: This lens offers top performance thanks to the outstanding optical design found in Sigma’s celebrated Global Vision line with 100% retained optics. It also features a 100% new mechanical lens body design, created to specifically cater to the needs of the modern cinematographer.
- Purpose built for filmmaking: Designed for filmmakers at all levels, the Sigma Cine Lenses are suitable for student to indie to big-budget Hollywood productions. Filmmakers looking for high-quality, reliable lenses at attractive prices will find the lenses to be a perfect fit.
- Outstanding resolving power
- The Sigma Cine 24-35mm Cine lens is ideal for filmmakers shooting across a range of high-quality formats, as it is equipped with 4K, 6K and 8K capabilities.
- Constant T2.2 aperture throughout focal range
- Mount with dust- and splash-proof construction
- Luminous paint markings to aid changing and operating in low light situations
- Features a long focus rotation of 180 degrees
- Includes manual linear iris control and electronic mounts for vital camera metadata
- Unbeatable value – the highest optical performance in its class and outstanding compact design
- Crafted in Aizu, Japan with each lens individually tested with Sigma’s own MTF measuring system “A1”