With the widespread popularity of the small sensor APS-c format cameras, the standard “kit” lens is often supplied at a very attractive price. Unfortunately, some of those kit lenses may be lacking in features and in image quality. In order to offer photographers an alternative to the camera manufacturers’ lenses, we have introduced our own “standard zoom” lens. Sigma’s 18-50mm F2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM with an almost 3 to 1 zoom range, this compact lens is great for vacations scenic, quick snap shots of the kids playing in the backyard, a day at the beach or even casual portraits. Three Aspherical glass elements offer correction for distortion, two SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide optimum color correction and sharpness
And Super Multi-Layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting and assures high image quality throughout the entire zoom range. It employs Sigma’s state of the art technology to assure top quality images at a value price.
- Tech Specs
- Lens Construction 16 Elements in 12 Groups
- Angle of View 69.3° - 27.9°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades 7
- Mininum Aperture f22
- Minimum Focusing Distance 30 cm / 11.8 in
- Filter Size (mm) 67
- Maximum Magnifications 1:4.1
- Dimensions, (Diameter x Length) 74 x 88.6 mm/ in
- Weight 395g / 13.9oz.
- Corresponding Mounts
- OS - Optical Stabilizer Function, HSM - Hyper-Sonic Motor, DC - DC for Digital, ,
* The appearance, specifications, and the like of the product are subject to change for improvement without notice., , * Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras., , * For Pentax mount, if the camera body does not support HSM, auto focus will not be available., , *3 Nikon Mount in motor lens: compatible with D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D5000
- Ratings & Reviews
Write a Review
Write Your Own ReviewBe the first to share your thoughts!
- FOCAL LENGTH SIMULATOR
The focal length changes the angle of view in an image. The longer the focal length, the smaller the angle of view and the greater the magnification.
- SIGMA LENS TECHNOLOGY
Learn about the state of the art technology put into Sigma lenses to ensure high quality images.
- LENS TELECONVERTER COMPATIBILITY CHART
Get more reach with what you have. Check the compatibility of your lens with the teleconverter chart.
- LENS CHART
Need more information on a lens? Cross reference all the specs using the lens chart.
- LENS COMPATIBILITY CHART
Check the compatibility of lenses with your camera make and model.
- LENS CHART FOR RECENTLY DISCONTINUED LENSES
Get all the information you need on discontinued lenses.
- MTF CHART GUIDE
See how a lens performed using the Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) Chart Guide. The MTF is just one criterion used to evaluate lens performance.
- FOCAL LENGTH SIMULATOR