Sigma Corporation of America offers hands-on time with SD1 and DP Merrill cameras and giveaways at WPPI 2013
In-booth activities include chances to win a Sigma 35mm 1.4 DG HSM lensand two other Sigma primes and T-shirt giveaways
Ronkonkoma NY, Mar. 6, 2013 –Sigma Corporation of America will be exhibiting at Wedding & Portrait Photography International (WPPI) at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas at booth 521 from March 11-13. The company will be hosting several giveaways, including a daily drawing for a prime lens and a “Fashion Shoot Studio” where attendees can experience the power of Sigma’s exclusive, Foveon X3 direct image sensor in the SD1 and DP Merrill cameras.
At the booth, Sigma will also be showcasing the entire product lineup, as well as the newly available DP3 Merrill, and several recently announced lenses from the manufacturer’s Global Vision line. New Global Vision lenses include: the 30mm F1.4 DC HSM, 17-70mm F2.8 Macro DC OS HSM, 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM, 19mm F2.8 DN, 30mm F2.8 DN, and 60mm F2.8 DN.
“WPPI is a unique event for us because it enables us to interact with a very focused group of wedding and portraiture shooters,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “We’re looking forward to showcasing our new Global Vision products and helping WPPI attendees understand how these new lines of lenses will advance their photography.”
Sigma Corporation of America’s WPPI activities will include:
- WPPI Fashion Shoot Studio: Stop by the Sigma booth 521 each day of the show to shoot with the SD1 Merrill or one of the DP Merrill cameras. The studio will feature alternating, high-end models in 1950s and 1960s, or couture garb, and guided camera tutorials with Sigma Pros Kevin Ames and Lindsay Adler. All participants will walk away with a Sigma T-shirt and their images on a Sigma flash drive.
- WPPI Fashion Shoot Contest: Attendees who participate in the WPPI Fashion Shoot Studio will be entered to win either a Sigma 35mm 1.4 DG HSM, 50mm 1.4 EX DG HSM, or 85mm 1.4 EX DG HSM lens. One winner will be chosen randomly each day. Stop by the booth to learn which lens is being given away each day.
- Caption Contest: Sigma fans that cannot make it to the show will have an opportunity to participate in Sigma’s Caption Contest on Twitter. An image will be posted on March 11 to the Sigma Twitter handle and followers will be encouraged to share their best suggested caption for a chance to win a Sigma Swag Bag. To enter, participants must include the @Sigma_Photo Twitter handle and the hashtags #WPPI2013 and #SigmaCaption. The contest will run from March 11 at 10a.m. ET to March 13 at 3p.m. ET. For rules and regulations, click here.
- Sharing the Sigma Love Contest: Fans attending the event will be able to participate in the Sharing the Sigma Love Contest at the booth by sharing a photo of them or theirfavorite gear in the booth on Twitter or Instagram. To enter, participants must include the @Sigma_Photo on Twitter handle or Sigma’s Instagram and the hashtags #WPPI2013 and #SigmaLove A winner will be randomly selected at the end of each day to win a Sigma Swag Bag. For rules and regulations, click here.
- WWPI activities and participation: Sigma Corporation of America will sponsor WPPI University, a two-day workshop for emerging photographers. Sigma Pro Lindsay Adler will be speaking on Saturday, March 9 at 5:15 p.m. on the topic of, “Fashion Flair for Portrait and Wedding Photography.” Adler will also present “Shooting in Evil Lighting” on Sunday, March 10at 3 p.m. as part of the WPPI Platform.
About Sigma Corporation
Since 1961, Sigma has worked toward a single, simple goal: To imagine and develop photographic technologies that push the envelope, empower photographers and produce unparalleled imagery. We’ve honored this commitment by maintaining control of our design, research and development, and manufacturing processes in our own Aizu Factory. Our products are built with premium materials and are known worldwide for quality and performance. Our family-owned organization is the largest, independent SLR lens manufacturer in the world, producing more than 45 lenses that are compatible with most manufacturers, including Sigma, Canon, Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax. Sigma Corporation also produces digital SLR cameras and high-definition digital compact cameras. The company is headquartered in Japan, with offices strategically located throughout Europe, Asia and North America. Photography is all we do, and it’s all we’ve done. For information about Sigma and our products, please visit www.sigmaphoto.com.